New! Facilitator Training for Teaching Assistant (2020)
Teachers Assistants (TA) Wanted!
The Graduate School of Engineering will host student-led international networking discussion groups on campus in English during academic semester. Should you decide to become one of our Teaching Assistants, you will need to apply at the following link by the 20th of February, 2020.
Apply here now!
The selected participants who qualify English proficiency level appropriate for carrying our mission will join the Facilitator Training provided by the British Council at Katsura Campus. (Maximum enrollment: 10) Candidates’ English Proficiency with the IELTS 7.0 / TOEFL iBT 100 or higher
- The facilitator training will prepare:
(a) To build a safe environment in which participants feel safe to talk about his/her view(s) in supportive manners
(b) To guide others to become more effective communicators in English by learning classroom management skills
(c) To clarify and elaborate on the points made by others in discussions by understanding different types of discussion tasks
- Job Descriptions:
- Upon the successful completion of the Facilitator Training, the participating TAs will be issued a certificate.
- The International Discussion Workshops will take place in spring (May-August) and fall (October-December) of 2020.
- Each TA will be assigned to work as a small group of engineering students on campus for a 60-minutes discussion on a weekly basis.
- The facilitator will need to coordinate and lead the group on the assigned topic three-times to help them summarize their points of views.
- The facilitator then will close the discussion with a proposed idea on the assigned topic for the workshop and submit a written report.
Facilitator Training by the British Council (3hrs): March 13, 2020 (Friday)
from 11:00 to 12:30 (1 hr lunch break) from 13:30 to 15:00 Venue: Seminar Room 2F, B-Cluster
Discussion Groups (every 60 minutes) take place during the fall semester (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday) between 13:30-14:30